How We Build A Future Worth Living In
Posted on 27 October 2015
At the end of November in Paris, the UN Climate Change Conference will bring together leaders from around the world to come to a universal climate agreement. Before that date many people will be forming climate marches to ensure that their leaders understand the level of support for such an agreement. Key to this agreement are seventeen global sustainability goals.
For your information I have decided to also list them here. Please help support the acceptance of these goals by our leaders and the peoples of our countries.
1) End poverty in all its forms everywhere.
2) End hunger, achieve food security and improved nutrition, and promote sustainable agriculture.
3) Ensure healthy lives and promote wellbeing for all at all ages.
4) Ensure inclusive and equitable quality education and promote lifelong learning opportunities for all.
5) Achieve gender equality and empower all women and girls.
6) Ensure availability and sustainable management of water and sanitation for all.
7) Ensure access to affordable, reliable, sustainable and modern energy for all.
8) Promote sustained, inclusive and sustainable economic growth, full and productive employment, and decent work for all.
9) Build resilient infrastructure, promote inclusive and sustainable industrialisation, and foster innovation.
10) Reduce inequality within and among countries.
11) Make cities and human settlements inclusive, safe, resilient and sustainable.
12) Ensure sustainable consumption and production patterns.
13) Take urgent action to combat climate change and its impacts (taking note of agreements made by the UNFCCC forum).
14) Conserve and sustainably use the oceans, seas and marine resources for sustainable development.
15) Protect, restore and promote sustainable use of terrestrial ecosystems, sustainably manage forests, combat desertification and halt and reverse land degradation, and halt biodiversity loss.
16) Promote peaceful and inclusive societies for sustainable development, provide access to justice for all and build effective, accountable and inclusive institutions at all levels.
17) Strengthen the means of implementation and revitalise the global partnership for sustainable development.
In peace, kindness, and friendship,